IN MY HUMBLE OPINION...Things I Have Needed To Say For SO Long!!
- No one has a corner on "Best Agent"--Therefore I can call myself the "Best, most infomed agent in the Hamptons"; I will also, however, make sure I do the best that I can and be better informed than the next guy/gal. (And I refuse to pay anyone to say I am a top agent!)
- All those agents who pay money just to get top billing on a national site are a bunch of cheaters--and they probably have ALWAYS been a cheat! They are all lying!! (Or rather Zillow is lying for them for big $$!)
- If you put the time in, you will get the money out--go to the office every day and spend at least an hour or more...Every Day!!
- Be nice to ALL clients and customers; even when it is a stressful time and one of them has called you names and demanded more of you than you can possibly give and survive! (You can always ignore their calls later, after you sold their house!)
- Suck it up! No one said real estate would be easy; or profitable for that matter. Just be thankful for every dollar you make no matter how small or insignificant. IT ALL ADDS UP!
- I think information for the public from your mouth and your written word is the most valuable thing you can give anyone.
- Being "hands on" is crucial in this environment now; I have changed my by-line from "Finding Your Place In The Sun...", to: "Maximum Human contact and interaction"--(Thanks to Bob Stewart for that one)Why? Because NO ONE OFFERS THAT ANYMORE!! It's a VOID in the market place!
- You know that agent with all those big listings??? You know the one--he/she is the one who never answers their own phone--never gets back to you in a timely manner and rarely has the time to show you their precious listings!! Those are the agents who are getting killed right now!! They must advertise; they need to show in order to sell; they are NOT going to make it during a time of extended downturn!...but they have tons of listings!!
These are things that I have needed to say for so long! Do with it as you may--even add a thing or two!
I LOVE REAL ESTATE!!!
**ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT IN THIS BLOG IS ORIGINAL TO PAULA I. HATHAWAY. The views expressed herein are my personal views and do not reflect the views of Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Paula I. Hathaway, Senior Broker Associate, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Southamtpon Village Real Estate Specialist since 1995; Also Specializes in North Sea, Noyac, Water Mill and Bridgehampton, New York
Diamond , Gold and Chairman's Circle Awards; Top Producer since 2005
Click here to see my Hampton's website to see all my listings; please email me or call me for all your real estate needs in Southampton, Bridgehampton and Watermill: http://www.elliman.com/paulahathaway
MY REAL ESTATE SHOWS: