OUT-WITTING THE ESTABLISHMENT...Now Its Real Estate In Need of Reform!
I understand that there are small groups of agents gathering in smaller companies or partnerships offering the care and expertise that is needed by most buyers, in smaller quarters without the din of the busy bullpens found in large brokerages.
These teams have one thing in mind: They do not want the heavy handed ways that very large brokerages handle their agents' data. They want to be able serve the public as the "direct route" that they already are in any circumstance in real estate. This time without the fear of losing the data, or the listings of their firm to the gigantic national sites such as Zillow, Trulia, Streeteasy, etc.
- Agents are usually the first connection to a property, not a company
- Agents are the most direct conduit of information to both the buyer and the seller
- Agents are the ones with their reputation on the line in any transaction, not a company
- Big brokerages do not bring agents on-board unless they make lots of money; this leaves a well qualified, honest and experienced agent to work alongside some who are not so honest, experienced or responsible, negatively affecting the reputation of everyone in said company.
- Large agencies do not protect the content (Listings) collected by hardworking agents, giving it away like candy to non-broker listing websites.
- These sites then "sell" it to anyone who wants to pay big bucks and who then show up next to this content (listing)!! Content is King!! ...and most large brokerages don't see it that way, thus the careless treatment of said content!
This is happening all over the country and the agents who are doing the new, smaller brokerages are doing so with the goal of trying to out-wit the huge brokerages who are giving away our life blood at every turn.
What will happen if this new way of doing real estate became a trend that can not be meddled with in terms of giving away data?? ...if the Z, T and S companies did not have all the content they now enjoy???
This sounds insane but I hear it's beginning to happen... We will see!
**ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT IN THIS BLOG IS ORIGINAL TO PAULA I. HATHAWAY. The views expressed herein are my personal views and do not reflect the views of Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Paula I. Hathaway, Senior Broker Associate, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Southamtpon Village Real Estate Specialist since 1995; Also Specializes in North Sea, Noyac, Water Mill and Bridgehampton, New York
Diamond , Gold and Chairman's Circle Awards; Top Producer since 2005
Click here to see my Hampton's website to see all my listings; please email me or call me for all your real estate needs in Southampton, Bridgehampton and Watermill: http://www.elliman.com/paulahathaway
MY REAL ESTATE SHOWS: