HOW TO FIND THE TIME???
I have a schedule now that allows for meals and sleep as the only personal time I have anymore! The Hamptons have never been busier--at least for me that is!
- 7:00 AM--I met a locksmith at the townhouse I have been waiting for the tenant to leave for 6 months!
- 8:00 AM--Met an appraiser at the house I just put in contract.
- 9:00 AM--went to office to write two letters/emails to two of my clients.
- 10:30 AM--prepared for my open house at 11:00
- 11:00 AM--went to my open house for 1 1/2 hours---very productive. Got 3 more potential buyers.
- 12:30 PM--grabbed some lunch, much needed since I did not have time for breakfast.
- 1:00 PM--Drove to a neighboring town for a meeting with a new client; got the listing!
- 2:00 PM--Met with a contractor who is going to paint and clean up the newly vacated townhouse.
- 2:30 PM--Took photos of the damage and the needed repairs for an out of town client.
- 3:00 PM Went to my nephews house to cover his grill which he forgot to do when he was here this past weekend! (family duty!)
- 3:15 PM-- showed 3 properties to a buyer who just started to look..Only wanted to look in Southampton Village, thank goodness!
- 4:00 PM--Took my assistant to show her the new house we just got a listing on.
- 4:30 PM--Back to the office to write another letter--put out a fire that was set when I gave feedback requiring that some money needs to be spent to complete a guest cottage. I was called names I never heard before--at least directed at me. Told him it was my job to give him feedback! (what he wanted to do when I told him that)
- 5:00 PM--Back to the townhouse to lock up after the painters left---they were still there.
- 5:30 PM--Left to go back to office to see what emails I needed to respond to today.
- 6:30 PM--Back to the townhouse to close up--still there but were leaving soon.
- 7:00 PM--Waiting to lock up---called ower to fill her in on the work underway--more to be done tomorrow! (The owner figuring out what the security deposit will cover)
- 7:30 PM--back at office to pull together listings for showings tomorrow morning.
- 9:00 PM--Finally finished the research and the calls to homeowners for the houses we were going to see in the morning.
- 9 :30 PM--Walked in the door of my house, frantically looking for the fastest, least unhealty meal to eat---ate a tomato and a sweet potato! (me after I ate it)
- 10:00 PM fell into bed without another thought and immediately fell asleep!
Well not everyday is like that but almost as bad--I am heading out the door right now for a meeting with the phone company at a rental!...and then on to the next thing! Maybe I will get some sun--well, one day!!!
No wonder you haven't seen or heard from me lately!
How do you all do it???
**ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT IN THIS BLOG IS ORIGINAL TO PAULA I. HATHAWAY. The views expressed herein are my personal views and do not reflect the views of Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Paula I. Hathaway, Senior Broker Associate, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Southamtpon Village Real Estate Specialist since 1995; Also Specializes in North Sea, Noyac, Water Mill and Bridgehampton, New York
Diamond , Gold and Chairman's Circle Awards; Top Producer since 2005
Click here to see my Hampton's website to see all my listings; please email me or call me for all your real estate needs in Southampton, Bridgehampton and Watermill: http://www.elliman.com/paulahathaway
MY REAL ESTATE SHOWS: