HOW WILL AGENTS BETTER SERVE THEIR BUYERS AND SELLERS IN 2014?...A Technology Idea:
When I read the AR post about the INMANNEXT invitation/opportunity for all of the members of Activerain to make predictions about how real estate wil be affected by technology in 2014, the first thing that came to my mind was:
What tools do we need, as real estate professionals, that we don't currently have?
I personally just discovered Evernote and I am so impressed by the way that site works. If one takes that concept and unfolds it into a focused real estate information site with input from participating brokerages who pay a fee to participate and supply their information, we could have a sort of condensed version of all MLSs and Brokerage websites, by location--but this time filled with accurate and detailed data...
I thought a great deal about how our profession is viewed by the buying and selling public and came up with this one very important "missing" piece in our day to day businesses. With the complete failure of "Agent match", it is time to get serious about just what it is that the public NEEDS to make that critical decision about who they will work with and where they want to buy....Maybe an Ever-match.com (Tongue-in-cheek!)website is in order!
- A flow of accurate market information that is available in one place for buyers and sellers.
- A moments notice to a buyer about a new listing.
- A red flag to sellers when a house near theirs sells.
- All open houses by day and time,
- A sales report by quarter, by address.
- The place of this information flow should NOT be on brokerage, or MLS websites. It needs to be "generic" if that is a good word to describe it...an independent website for that matter.
- The information needs to be concise and focused on an individuals need to know.
- Data can be kept by zipcode, by county for ease of access.
- This service could be offered for free to all members of the public simply by registering for it.
- All personal information, i.e. names and email addresses would be kept safe and secure with privacy as a key component.
- Agents names would appear after each data entry as it is entered into the system, allowing for the individual searching for information to know who did what and where.
- Bonding requirements for a listing manager would be incorprated and local GIS infomation would be used for accuracy and to prevent manipulation of the data.
- This interactive website would be unlike Zillow or Trulia in that it is local, it is correct and it is fantastic!
The reasoning behind this idea is that the public has an insatiable need to know just what is going on in an area/location that they are interested in or where they own real estate.
Currently they rely on Zillow, Trulia and agent websites for this knowledge about closed deals, new listings and open houses. It is NOT accurate information!
Market reports are just too general when they are published by a brokerage and most buyers and sellers like to keep informed on a more immediate basis. Email blasts go unread and even deleted as unwelcome spam!
Whatever is public knowledge will appear on the site with dates to support sales and new available listings. Not all buyers are ready to pick an agent when they first begin to look for property; they want to look and learn about what and who may work for them in a given location.
Informed buyers and sellers are a fact now and they want and need this timely and crucial information without having to go through an agent before they are sure they want to engage their services.
Information found on this sight would supply to them clear and accurate data without any advertising, agent self promotion and wrong information.
**ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT IN THIS BLOG IS ORIGINAL TO PAULA I. HATHAWAY. The views expressed herein are my personal views and do not reflect the views of Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Paula I. Hathaway, Senior Broker Associate, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Southamtpon Village Real Estate Specialist since 1995; Also Specializes in North Sea, Noyac, Water Mill and Bridgehampton, New York
Diamond , Gold and Chairman's Circle Awards; Top Producer since 2005
Click here to see my Hampton's website to see all my listings; please email me or call me for all your real estate needs in Southampton, Bridgehampton and Watermill: http://www.elliman.com/paulahathaway
MY REAL ESTATE SHOWS: