MARKETING "THE WAVE"...How Do You Market An Exciting New Listing???
A few days ago, and after I got a feature on two posts written about "Pitching" this particular property, I decided to document the whole journey from the "Pitch Package" for the listing, to the strategy on how to market it and then the actual execution of the whole process until it sells.
I just finished making the Real Estate Show for the house on Flying Point Road--I have decided to name it "The Wave" because that is what motivated the design of the house. It was inspired by the sea and the influence is found through out the house:
Please click here to watch the show http://www.realestateshows.com/651587
The video is on it's way and the impact that this show has had on whomever looks at the listing online is nothing short of sensational!
The property is being shown right now and who knows--it could be sold by the end of the day!!!....Well, maybe that is a little too optimistic.
Below is a property evaluation and buyer profile that I supplied to the owners when I pitched the listing:
· In keeping with the rolling lawns and the magical feeling of the entire property, my marketing strategy will be to put an emphasis on the grounds and the gracious way the 1.26 acre property can capture the imagination and inspire an emotional response for this Modern Treasure. The fact that it is in Southampton Village on Flying Point Road enhances the value of the property.
· The modern architectural trend is growing in popularity and the unique design and outstanding positioning on the property of this special house and out buildings will attract a multitude of potential buyers.
· The proximity to ocean beaches, world class restaurants and special Southampton Village shops makes this property an outstanding offering to selective buyers from here and abroad.
· The person whom I perceive as the target buyer for your beautiful property has an abundance of family and friends who are fully engaged in the life of the potential owner. The buyer may be from Europe, Brazil or Chile and may even be a Wall Street executive, looking for his or her own “statement” property.
· The desire for a wonderful vacation home and a stimulating creative retreat can be realized in Southampton Village....and the best thing is, it will not be hard to envision it right here at 271 Flying Point Road!
The owners were totally thrilled with the approach that I took and they told me that they had actually talked to two other agents at my competitors offices and they wanted to use me because I "Got" the property.
First of all, I pour over the property as if I were going to buy it--I look for the positive aspects and the "creative" texture that may be offered in this particular listing....
I found that the following were the Focal Points that I wanted to feature each and every time I advertised the property: I named it the WAVE, because of the design; I talk about "the influence of the sea"; I point out the setting in a way as to engender the feeling of the ocean; and I keep pointing out the connection to water and it's "flow".
Now, I have an advertising schedule that is quite extensive; it includes a great deal of print advertising since that is still the place that people see properties spontaneously. If they are looking on the internet--they get to see the videos and Real Estate shows that I create for each listing. Results are very positive on these shows.
I advertise in the vehicles that draw the most attention--that means weekend advertising, usually a Thursday ad in The New York Post. This is a very expensive ad but it can be shared with other agents so that the cost is more reasonable.
Open Houses to the community are open to the public as well; I do get the public to come to my open houses--they feel included and that is good!
I will keep you all posted on just how this property gets shown and the general observations of the reaction to the marketing technique that I incorporated here.
**ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT IN THIS BLOG IS ORIGINAL TO PAULA I. HATHAWAY. The views expressed herein are my personal views and do not reflect the views of Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Paula I. Hathaway, Senior Broker Associate, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Southamtpon Village Real Estate Specialist since 1995; Also Specializes in North Sea, Noyac, Water Mill and Bridgehampton, New York
Diamond , Gold and Chairman's Circle Awards; Top Producer since 2005
Click here to see my Hampton's website to see all my listings; please email me or call me for all your real estate needs in Southampton, Bridgehampton and Watermill: http://www.elliman.com/paulahathaway
MY REAL ESTATE SHOWS: